25 March 2012

one delight, one disaster ...

i have started my mollie makes projects 
one worked, the other didn't (yet)

first to my success, the apple cosy, i love it
my daughter takes it to school to protect her apple from bruises
i'm not sure if it works, but it sure looks pretty



it's the first pattern i have followed, so i was really happy
when i produced something that was just as it should have been

anyone thinking of taking up crochet i say do it

 now in the crafting studio, as in life, not everything runs smoothly all the time,
so for a little anecdote ...

when i was three quarters through making my apple cosy 
(for which i reiterate i was so proud of being able to do with my own two hands)
i was called away to the phone
so i sit my crocheting down on the couch to go take the call
my new puppy must have thought, 
"wow that ball of wool looks like fun"
so she grabs it
runs through my room
down the stairs
turns the corner through the dining room
and into the lounge
 pulling out all the stitches along the way ...
not happy jan

this was what she should have looked like
but she didn't
she thought the wool was fab
naughty puppy

okay next, the fabric eggs ... now these are simple, right
well for some people maybe, but obviously not me
not very egg like at all
and how did i end up with a funny lumpy bit on top?



i was going to just throw it in the bin, 
 but decided to add a rattle inside and sew it up for the dog
 (the memories of the wool stealing incident having now faded)

and so i guess in my disaster i have found success
i have a very happy puppy this afternoon with a new toy

i'm now going back to have another try at the fabric eggs
i've got some ideas for how to use them other than just for display
and i'm sure they will work out this time

finally for today, a pic of my latest custom softie
a fluffy little bunny for easter